Kfind pdfs

I presume this is well known, but feel I must report it as an error.

Kfind, a most brilliantly-endowed search tool, appears unable to find text in pdf files. It seems odd to me because I thought I would have noticed this before now, and kfind has such an extraordinarily long list of formats it does handle specifically that it is incredible to think it doesn't handle pdfs.

Can I be doing something wrong?