using remote URL instead of cache

Hi,

I have created a wrapper script around an application so that it can handle remote files, and also directly save to the remote location (i.e. immediately upload to the remote location when it saves the file)
The .desktop file contains this line:
Exec=my-application %U
indicating that this application can handle remote URLs. Nevertheless, when I open a remote file in dolphin with my application, the remote file is first downloaded to /var/tmp/kdecache-barna/... and this local file is given to my application, instead of the original remote URL. Can I change this behaviour somehow?

(If my application changes the file, KDE still recognizes it and uploads the changed file - but only after my application quits. And also for some reason this uploading fails, whereas if I call my app from the command line with the remote URL directly, the immediate uploading of changes works nicely).

Thanks
Daniel