Re: No info when mouse over files/dir's with Konqueror on F9

On Friday 07 November 2008 23:44, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2008 22:08:20 Nigel Henry wrote:

> > > Yes, the status bar is the "line at the bottom of Konquerors window
> > > showing the same info". The green LED shows up for web pages, but not
> > > when viewing files (at least not in trunk; instead it shows total
> > > files, or file info on hover).
> > >
> > > --
> > > Matthew
> >
> > Hi Matthew. perhaps I need to wait a bit then. Dolphin was the default,
> > and I changed that back to Konqueror for file management, but my
> > Konqueror file manger shows the green LED at the bottom of the window,
> > and no file info there. Hopefully there will be more updates for KDE4 on
> > Fedora9, that will resolve the problem.
> >
> > Any tips on upgrading KDE from trunk on Fedora 9? Repo's to enable, etc.
> > I'm using apt, with apt-get for updates.
>
> Nigel, you should take a little time to explore Dolphin.  It started very
> simplistically, but now it has a very impressive range of functionality.  I
> thought at first I'd never use it, but now I only use konqueror on a remote
> box that doesn't have dolphin.  I find myself really missing dolphin's
> functionality.  The tables have completely turned :-)
>
> Anne

Hi Anne. I'll have to look at Dolphin again. I must admit, that the first time
I saw it, I was a bit miffed, having used Konqueror for so long, and the
first thing I did was to find out how to get Konqueror back as default file
manager.

I will have another look at Dolphin. No promises as to if I'll accept it as an
alternative to Konqueror though, which has always worked ok for me.

I suppose we do have to be open minded and give these new apps a chance to
prove themselves as worthy replacements though.

Nigel.