Re: Extracting a passge from a long sound file

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 05:59:51 am Basil Fowler wrote:
> Greetings to all,
>
> >From time to time I record BBC radio programmes, and then I wish to retain
>
> certain section from the programme, discarding the rest.
>
> I use vsound to create a wav file that contains the original program. Up to
> now, I have played the file through Kaboodle, and extracted the desired
> section by starting a recording in KRec, finishing at the end of the
> desired section, and then exporting the recorded section from Krec to
> another wav file for subsequent burning (with other files) on an audio CD.
>
> KRec needs to be fed from Kaboodle, but I am required to run the original
> file sequencially, because unlike, for example Alsaplayer, it does not
> allow a "fast forward" to skip the parts that I am not interested in. All
> the other players that can act as a frond end for KRec also lack a "fast
> forward" facility.
>
> Can anyone suggest a better method?
>
> TIA
>
> Basil Fowler

Audacity doesn't fast forward but you can work a sound file like a text file
with your mouse select/cut/copy/paste/delete. It's not a KDE ap but I'm using
it right now to edit some mp3's. It does wav's too.

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

http://www.turtlespond.net
Written on: Setting Orange, the 69th of Confusion, 3173
Want my weather? http://www.turtlespond.net/Mornington-weather.cgi