Re: Issue with kfmclient

Kevin Krammer escreveu:
On Thursday 24 May 2007, Olivier Hallot wrote:
Hi
On a Mandriva 2007.0 system with kde 3.5.4, one of my users messed his
desktop and now a double click on a desktop folder opens "kdesvn"
instead of "kfmclient". This is very annoying.

Here is so far what I have investigated:

1) I have already masked "~/.kde" to get a fresh environment but the
behaviour continues.

2) The behaviour occurs only with this user.

I'll appreciate any clues on how to restore the default situation.

In control center, under KDE components, check the file type (MIME type) association for inode/directory

The entry should be named "Konqueror", be on top and the command should be lilke
"kfmclient openURL %u inode/directory"

Cheers,
Kevin

Thank's indeed, you spotted it!
(now how can a average user be allowed to do such mess, and how can he figure that "inode" refers to the filesystem... but that is another story... never mind.)
--
Olivier Hallot
Scinergy Consulting

begin:vcard
fn:Olivier Hallot
n:Hallot;Olivier
org:Scienrgy Consulting Ltda
adr:SL. 1102;;Av. Rio BRanco 124;Rio de Janeiro;RJ;20040-001;Brasil
email;internet:ohallot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Diretor
tel;work:+55-21-2224-3224
tel;fax:+55-21-2224-3224