Re: Taskbar and system tray

On 5/8/07, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 08 May 2007, sam <mirshafie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote about '
Taskbar and system tray':
> I think that the taskbar needs to be redesigned to be more dynamic.

You're right about that. Maybe KDE 4 will do it with the KXDocker. I have it installed on Gentoo and kde 3.5.6 it works very well and the icons do give more functionality, plus there are a bunch of optional plugins.
When amarok plays it actually brings up the cover art for the artist. There's too much good to say about it. Aside from being a pain to get running, it's a sweet package.

Well, it needs to do *something* with all the space it "wastes".  I run
without a taskbar (instead I use the window list button on my main dock)
because I found it took up far too much screen space for what little
information and utility it gave.

It would be nice if the window list / Alt-tab could be forced (by holding a
modifier or somesuch) to show applications that only show in the system
tray.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                      ((_/)o o(\_))

In vino veritas.
        [In wine there is truth.]
                -- Pliny