Adobe (Acrobat) Reader & clipboard graphics

Hi all,

I'm wondering how the clipboard works with Adobe Reader.
When you select a portion of text in Adobe Reader and copy it
to the clipboard, you can paste it to anywhere including emacs,
and kolourpaint.  But, when you select graphics, you can't paste
it anywhere, although Adobe Reader says the graphics is copied
to "the clipboard".  (kpdf works correctly, by the way.)
I'm using Debian testing.

So, what does Adobe Reader do incorrectly?  or what clipboard
does it use?  What clipboard does KDE use?  Is there any
standard, which enables KDE, Gnome, and other applications
to share a common clipboard?  I could just file a bug report
to Adobe, saying that their clipboard doesn't work on KDE,
but I'm curious.

Regards,
Ryo