some system text color not used by apps?

Hi KDE users,

I'm using KDE on the testing distribution of Debian,
and this has been bothering me for a long time.

I've changed all text colors and background colors in

   Control Center > Appearance & Themes > Colors

so that text is white and background is dark gray.  That is,
I've changed all the items in the "Widget Color" list such as
"Standard Background", "Standard Text", "Selected Background",
"Selected Text", and so on.

This setting works quite well: All Menus, KDE panels, and all KDE apps
use my setting  EXCEPT some textboxes and the like where you can type
in your text, ignore my text color while they use my background color.
The result is that the text is black on a dark-gray background,
and the text is hard to see.

An example is KWrite.  It uses my colors except for the text I type
in in its main window: it's black on a dark-gray background.
Interestingly, it uses white text in the textbox of its "Save As"
menu, that is, the file name you type in appears in white.

Another example is the Opera browser, which uses the Qt toolkit.
I've told it to use the system color so that it uses my colors
for its menus, dialogs, and so on.  Good.  But, when you go to
Google and the area your type in your query strings has the same
problem: black text on dark gray.  (Konqueror doesn't have this
particular problem.)

So, my wild guess is that we miss one Qt color setting in the

   Control Center > Appearance & Themes > Colors

menu.  I don't think it's acceptable that apps use your background
color AND ignore your text color.  If they ignore one, then they
should ignore the other, too.  Could somebody know how to fix this?

Regards,
Ryo