Re: Unable to access Internet with Konqueror

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 19:57, Nigel Henry wrote:

> I know replying to your own post is bad practice, but with no further
> replies here goes with a bit more info.
>
> I've just opened KDE's superuser file manager, changed it to webbrowsing,
> and can access websites ok. It seems like Konqueror will only access the
> net now while su'ed to root, which is very strange, to say the least.

Actually my guess is that it only affects the one user you changed settings
with.

Try creating a new user account and check there.

If it works there, you could try renaming the files kio_httprc and kioslaverc
in .kde/share/config

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring