Re: usb disk icon not showing at startup

On Thursday 20 July 2006 06:53, you wrote:
> KDE uses the ever complex hal-dbus combo to monitor *changes* on you
> system, such as plugging in USB drives. I the drive is plugged in at
> boot, than KDE will not see this as a change. As such, don't think it
> will place an icon on your desktop.

Interesting...
So, the possibility is that "changes" are not "initialized" at KDE startup;
well, then again, there must be an initialization otherwise it wouldn't
know when something changed... Perhaps it is simply that someone
missed "put the icons to the display" when that initialization occurs...
Hmmm...

> All that aside, why don't you just make a link to it with any icon you
> would like?

Usability is not the issue. That's why I didn't raise this issue when I
spotted it.
However, since someone else decided to raise the issue, I added my
experience to the thread.

--
Clinton E. Troutman