login twice in the morning KDE

I am running RHEL 3.0 u3 and each morning I have to login
twice this is only under RHEL 3.0 U3 my other systems have
RHEL 3.0 U0 work fine. I have also install RHEL 3.0 U3 on a working
system and now it has the above problem (eliminating bios and other
system issues). Also at one point I was thinking it was a NFS locking
issues
so I made a local account and rebooted the system leaving it for 24hrs
and it showed up the same problem. Any suggestions are welcome
Thanks Lyndell