Re: What am I missing: cdbakeoven & kreatecd from extragear won't compile

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
On Mon, 09 May 2005 21:47:27 -0700 James Richard Tyrer
<tyrerj@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:

1. The output of configure says that it won't compile kreatecd
and cdbakeoven, but it gives no reason why. 2. When I was running
only libsndfile in the /usr path, configure complained about it.
Now that I have installed libsndfile in my KDE path, there does
not even appear to be any indication that it is being looked for
at all.

Oh well, like all the problems (there are very few, actually)
that I have with KDE, this one too will be figured out :)

There could be something wrong with your code. How did you download it?

This lists the required dependencies:

http://cdbakeoven.sourceforge.net/software.php

Hello, James [steve@afolkey2 ~]$ rpm -qa cdrecord cdrdao mkisofs
cdda2wav cdda2wav-2.01.1-5 cdrdao-1.1.9-6 mkisofs-2.01.1-5 cdrecord-2.01.1-5

Remember, you also need the corresponding 'devel' packages in they exist.

I don't find these on KDE Extra Gear:

http://extragear.kde.org/

I wonder if perhaps they are both on the way to being taken out of extragear.

I think that they are probably being dropped. I would suggest that KK is correct that you should use K3b instead.

I know for a fact that running "svn co
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear" puts kreatecd and
cdbakeoven right in the "multimedia" directory.

That is probably old code since stuff usually isn't removed from CVS (now SVN).

Perhaps if you used CVS to download the code, you should try the tarballs from SF:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kreatecd/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdbakeoven/

None of those would build :(

That probably means that they are too old.

--
JRT