Re: Changing SU konsole to export $DISPLAY

my fedora 3, kde 3.4 install has menu item which executes "kdesu konsole". no problems running xapps in to my normal Xserver.

manoj

Rikard Johnels wrote:

Hello all!

I am fiddling around trying to set my freshly installed 3.4 up.
And i finnaly gotten down to trying to fix a thing i disliked in the pervious releases.
The Superuser mode konsole doesnt allow X apps to run without first exporting the $DISPLAY manually.
Is there a way to automate that?
The command for the menu item is "konsole --type su".
If i run YAST2 for instance, i get the text version in that konsole, not the GUI as i want.

How can i change that?