Re: 3 Screen Xinerama Issues

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Jes Hall wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:23, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
Greetings,

I have three monitors.  One 21inch in the middle and two 17inch, one on
each side of the 21inch.  The 21 and one of the 17's is running off of an
Nvidia Quadro FX540 dual-head, while the other 17 is running off of a
Matrox Mystique.  I am running KDE 3.3.2 on Gentoo with a Linux kernel of
2.6.10.  This is a partially new setup for me.

Did you have a xinerama use flag when you emerged Qt ? This problem sounds very much like your Qt/KDE does not have complete xinerama support compiled in, and Gentoo iirc disables it by default.

--
JH

Very astute question. I actually realized that I did not before I posted and have already added the xinerama use flag to my config file. I have also started rebuilding programs with it. I had already done KDE but did not know about QT. I checked and in fact that needs it also. I will try that out.

Thank you,
Jonathan

After rebuilding qt and kde and restarting X all is working well. Thank you for your help.

Jonathan