kde tweak

         Hello,

I have Gentoo Linux on my Asus M2400N laptop with KDE. I like this config, however I am not pleased with the performance.

More window I open lower performance I get. With some mozilla firefox window, some xterm and xmms and xchat, the application windows start to get slower refhreshed. Not too bad, maybe acceptable, but it's noticable and annoying to me. Graphics drivers are ok, I tested with quake 3. My laptop has 512M ram and 600M swap. I use latest 2.6.10 kernel patched to Gentoo.

Is there any kde tweak tutorial? How to improve performance? Kernel parameters or make.conf can help?

      Mage