Re: kmail and power cuts and crashes

John wrote:

Hello all
Allthough my machine is stable from time to time I have to reboot with the on off due to a power cut or a crash without shutting down kmail. When I bring kmail up again I get a list of mails that I have previously deleted or shift/
deleted in the inbox and also a list of mails I have sent in the outbox. If I select any of them the title immediately change to no subject.
Does anyone no of a setting that will prevent this from happening? I'm running updated suse 9 with kmail 1.5.4

I suspect it's a kmail "feature" perhaps a developer could comment. It isn't that much of a problem but mails I wish to keep are mixed in with the bogus ones which can make deleting them again difficult especially if my machine has been up for a couple of months. It's often up for a lot longer than that and I have lost a couple I wanted to keep. What I can't understand is why kmail doesn't clean up as the actions are performed. It only seems to clean up on exit.

Regards
John

John,
I have seen this in the past. As I recall it seemed to clear itself
up.
To start, do a search on google for " kmail no subject" and you will
find many discussions on that  subject.

For starters try this:
http://www.nblug.org/pipermail/talk/2004-September/015975.html

HTH