Re: problem with fonts (2nd round)

Miguel Angelo Rozsas wrote:
Hi,

I am (still) struggling with the fonts problem described in my last message (Error loading 'kio_fonts').

	This time, I try to following path:

KDE Control Center/System Administration/Font Installer

When I click in the Font Installer menu entry, I got a popup window with the following message:

There was an error loading the module.
Details
The diagnostics is:
/opt/kde3/lib/libkfontinst.so.0: undefined symbol: FTC_SBit_Cache_Lookup

This is a FreeType2 symbol. Check your FreeType2 installation. Also check if you might have more than one version of FreeType2 installed.

Possible reasons:
An error occurred during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned control module
You have old third party modules lying around.
Check these points carefully and try to remove the module mentioned in the error message. If this fails, consider contacting your distributor or packager.

If you upgraded, you might have an old KCM 'desktop' file. This would be:

	$KDEDIR/share/applnk/*/*fontinst.desktop

If you have such a file, remove it.

--
JRT