Re: KDE Remote Desktop

David Corbin wrote:
On Tuesday 26 October 2004 12:00 pm, Kevin Krammer wrote:

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 16:53, Bob Trautman wrote:

When logged into the operaating system and running kde, From another
workstation I can connect remotely to the Linux server via KDE remote
desktop.  However, if the Linux server is displaying a kde login screen
the connections are refused.

I think remote desktop is for controlling a running desktop session.
I use this with Xnest (XServer running as a window of another XServer)....
Another possibility might be to use a NoMachine NX server. If I remember
correctly newer versions even allow to suspend and reconnect to a session.

Or X11VNC...

Don't you all think that then the KDE remote desktop support is somewhat half-thought-up and half-done ? From this thread one can only see that the KDE's Remote Desktop support should allow (when connection to the *N*X machines is in question):

- attaching to one of currently running sessions (SuSE-9.1, for example, can have more than one KDE session running at the same time on the same machine)
- starting new *DM session (*DM stands for every possible configured session type, starting from the XDM through GNOME and KDE and each and every in between)

Obviously the software doing all this already exists. So the only problem here is the matter of time of one of existing or newcoming KDE developer. Should this be put on-to the KDE's wishlist or somebody is already working on it ?

Izo