Re: How do I get KDE Konsole to support VGA Fonts - sabvga.pcf

Joe Riley wrote:
i use to be able to stick them in /opt/kde/share/fonts, and trick konsole into loading them but i cant seem to do it anymore, what's the secret?

has anyone here been able to get konsole to load vga fonts (as in special ansi graphics fonts)

The common wisdom is that to use the font, it must be found by FontConfig.

Try running [as root]:

	fc-cache -v

and see if it lists the directory where you have the font installed.

However, I can choose under: "Settings -> Font -> Custom" the VGA font for DOSemu which is installed in: "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc", but it is NOT cached with FontConfig in the: "fonts.cache-1" file. So, I really don't know.

Remember! You can NOT use proportional spaced fonts in Konsole.

You might also want to try MS LineDraw which is a TrueType font.

	http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000026424

This font supports CP-432 [US IBM PC], but I don't know if you can get Konsole to use CP-432. Actually, if you could get Konsole to use CP-432 there are other fonts that you could use since the (at least some) special PC glyphs are in UniCode.
ââââ
ââââ
The line drawing glyphs are on page 27 (25 Hex).

--
JRT