Re: Re: Re: KDvi Doesn't Know Where to Find Fonts

ååé wrote:
James Richard Tyrer wrote:

I presume that these are CJK fonts.

What are the font names, are they Type1 or TrueType, and what encoding are you using?

And specifically, are the font names in Latin (ISO-8859-1) or another encoding?

You are right, these are CJK fonts. All the fonts are TrueType fonts, and I am using encoding GB2312. Only ISO-10646-1 and GB2312.1980-1 are supported by all the fonts, but the most frequently font simsun supports ISO-8859-1.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I need to know about the name of the font -- is it a Latin name or a CJK ideographic name and if a non-Latin character name (like your name) what encoding does the font use for its *name*. To be clear. "simsum" is in Latin characters but the example below is a Chinese name in ideographic characters.

The known bugs are with Type1 fonts not providing the family name in a way that Qt expected. So, this is probably not the problem.

So, I suspect that this is a related problem to a previous question. The previous question had a font name in GB2312. In UTF-8, the font name was éææ and this isn't showing up correctly here but I think that that is a font issue since it shows up correctly in the Mozilla spelling checker. That is the UTF-8 code in HEX is: e9 94 9f e6 96 a4 e6 8b b7. I am told that this translates to FangSong in Latin characters.

If you have such a font name, I do not know how Qt and KDE or FontConfig handle such a name and therefore asked about this on the development list.

--
JRT