Re: Start KDE as fast as possible

On Friday 24 September 2004 18:08, Daniel Belz wrote:
> Hi Dani,
>
> the point is that we want KDE! Users log in to get an impression of how
> great KDE is. It's kind of an "Online-Knoppix" or something :)
>
> The problem is that we have never ever dreamed of getting so much
> respons with our project.
>
> If your interested have a look at
> http://opensource.region-stuttgart.de/index.php?main=8&sub=8_0
>
> We are now at login number 13,214. Increasing every second....

I guess the vmware stuff creates a certain overhead.
How many KDE session do you run on each simulated system?

Wouldn't a solution based on NX be alot better? (cross platform clients,
native system for the sofware, KDE can make use of its shared infrastructure
across all sessions, etc)

Cheers,
Kevin

--