Re: Transparencies issues?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 16:34, Chris wrote:

It may depend on which program you use to set your background. Try with
Esetroot for example, and aterm should have transparency too.

What is Esetroot? I did make search key=esetroot in /usr/ports and nothing pops up.

2@rushlight:9934 Z$ pkg_info -W =Esetroot /usr/X11R6/bin/Esetroot was installed by package eterm-0.9.2_1

(this machine's not been updated since early March --- and ports churn
more or less guarantees it won't be until I nuke it and fresh install
5.3 or etc. --- but I doubt things have changed *that* much)

I actually use wmsetbg with wterm (should be pretty much the same as
aterm and rxvt):
2@rushlight:4971 Z$ pkg_info -W =wmsetbg /usr/X11R6/bin/wmsetbg was installed by package windowmaker-0.80.2_3

however I run wmaker as my window manager.  KDE may well have its own
way of setting the background.

Perfect. As much as I love aterm, eterm is doing what I wanted aterm to do. Thanks muchly. I don't know why I didn't consider eterm (Duh)

--
Best regards,
Chris

The more carefully you plan a project, the more
confusion there is when something goes wrong.