Re: How to reply to a thread ?

On Friday, 10 Sep 2004 17:50, Ionel Catanescu wrote:
> I know this may sound silly, but how do i do that?
> I have just posted a thread here and i got a reply to it.
> I would also like to reply to this reply.
> How do i do that ?

I'm assuming that was my reply you're referring to.

Are you reading this through the archives on the Web? Unless you can
manually tell your mail user agent to send a message with the
In-Reply-To header set to the value listed in the Message-ID header of
the message to which you are replying and and the References header to
the list of Message ID header values representing all messages above
where you want your message to be threaded in descending order, you
have to be subscribed to the list.

If you are subscribed to the list, you should simply be able to select
the message to which you are replying and select "reply" or "reply to
list". You may have to select "reply to all" and remove addresses other
than the list's posting address.

Since you appear to be using Microsoft Outlook Express, I'm afraid I
can't provide more detailed assistance than that. Even if you are stuck
with Microsoft Windows and you don't have access
to a shell account on a proper computer, there are many good
alternatives with excellent or decent list-handling capabilities, and
which non-MS users would be able to assist you with:

There's mutt under cygwin:
http://ku.wru.umt.edu/mirrors/guckes.net/mutt/windows.php3.html

There is also a port of mutt for 32-bit, although it apparently hasn't
been updated in a couple of years:
http://www.geocities.com/win32mutt/win32.html

Unixmail for Windows bring you mutt and several other powerful tools all
nicely bundled up:
http://unixmail-w32.sourceforge.net/

gnus should also work under Windows:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html

Mozilla Thunderbird also has some limited list handling ability:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

If you insist on using Lookout, please at least tell it NOT to send HTML
to this list or anyone else expecting e-mail in their mail user agents
rather than Web pages. Thank you.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/