Getting stuck while alt-tabbing

Hello all,

I am using KDE 3.2.2 (distro is Debian / unstable) and I've had a very strange thing happen to me two times today already: While changing between tasks with alt+tab, I got stuck in the change tasks box. Meaning I released alt+tab, but instead of the expected behaviour of bringing the currently selected task to the foreground, nothing happened. All keyboard input was ignored (I could not even toggle numlock anymore), however, mouse still worked with some restrictions: I could click at tasks in that little box (which would move the black frame around their icon and do nothing else), I could NOT use the mouse to interact with ANY open windows I saw on the screen, but I COULD use the mouse to bring up the panel (I autohide it immediately). On the panel, I could open stuff like a new konsole, but once opened I could still not interact with it. Ctrl+alt+F1-F6 didn't help me either, as all keyboard input was ignored. The only way I found to get out of that trap was to open the 'start' (if you forgive me for calling it like that :P) menu and selecting log out. Doing that twice closed KDE and gave me back keyboard control.

This happened to me twice today and once before.. I put it down under freak bug that happens once in a blue moon before, but two times a day is a bit taxing (fortunately I didn't lose anything really important due to not being able to save before closing all KDE apps). I have NOT been able to reproduce this bug reliably, and being somewhat of a developer myself I know how hard this would make it to go about hunting it down. This is also, partly, why I post here instead of trying to find the proper way to report a bug - I'm interested in hearing if this happened to anyone else, if anyone might already have a hunch as to where this could be caused.. or if you think I should go ahead and file a bug.

Daniel