Lost application buttons on taskbar

Somehow, someway, my kid messed around with the taskbar settings on my install of KDE 3.2 and now the application buttons (NOT the 'quick start' buttons on the left do not show up) I am talking about the app buttons on the RIGHT side of the taskbar where you maximize or minimize an app. I've searched for hours in vain for a cfg file or setting to bring back the app max/min buttons and even tried setting all taskbar settings to default and still no app buttons (yes, the quick start icons are there but NOT the apps buttons of started apps). Can anyone tell me where that setting is located or is this another bug in KDE? How do I get back those buttons??? TIA for any help!

Cougar