Re: Konqueror behaviour with HTTP Authentication

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 16:15, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Why do you think that? It would be more logical if your software would send a
> different HTTP realm for each group that requires a different authentication.

OK the fun continues :)

I have now amended the code to append the 'group number' to the basic
realm. So - all Konq windows closed to begin with. I go to the 'admin
page', enter a group of 1, and the HTTP auth dialog pops up telling me
'Administration Area - group 1' - I enter the user/password and get in
OK.

I then close the browser window, and open another, go to the admin page
and this time enter group 5, and am shown 'Administration Area - group
5' - I enter the user/pass for that group, and get in OK.

However, leaving the 'group 5' window open, I open a second window and
try to log in as group 1, I do not get a user/password popup, even
though I have already proven the basic realm does vary depending on what
group number you enter.

Now I'm really confused :)

Cheers,
Gavin.