Re: Mp3 sound notification does not work

maor wrote:
On Sunday 15 February 2004 19:51, HD wrote:

I am using KDE 3.2 with Fedora Core 1 and have downloaded some MP3
notification sounds from KDE-Look.org. I have installed them according
to the instructions on that site but they will not play. The default
wav notification sounds work just fine.... but I wanted something a
little different. I can play the MP3 sounds using xmms (after
installing it from xmms.org since the one that comes with FC1 will not
play MP3), Kplayer and Mplayer but not with Noatun or Kaboodle. Is
there something I can do to fix this?

basicly red-het ripped all the part of mp3 from arts so all kde application that plat through arts can't play mp3.

I was afraid it was something like that :( Well I can stop hitting my head against the wall trying to get it to work. Hopefully some nice ogg sounds will come along....

Thanks for your reply.

--
HD

Tipping my hat to Fedora.