Re: upgraded to 3.2, muted alla sound

Kovács Norbert dr. wrote:
Hi,

I use a source based distribution called Sorcerer Linux. Some days ago I upgraded to KDE 3.2. Before that time I used 2.6.1 kernel, gcc 3.3.2 with ALSA without OSS emulation.
Since upgrading, I am unable to listen audio files. My laptop is compaq nx7010. Whenever KDE starts (initializing peripherals) the mute light turns on. KMix, alsamix has the sound turned on, XMMS seems to be playing music. Whenever I press the "Mute" button on the laptop, KDE shows the message "Mute on" or "Mute off", but there is no sound at all.

Do you have any ideas?

Did you upgrade aRts?

If you built aRts from source, you need to use: "--with-alsa".

The same is true for KDELibs.

--
JRT