Re: KDE 3.2 (Strange! so strange!)

L e a n d r o S a l e s wrote:
Hi All...
 I use Debian woody 3.0 (stable version) and I updated from 3.1.4 to 3.2.
After updating, all texts in the X server of KDM is unreadeble, the characters
were replaced by "squares". I get login and when the kde splash shows up thw
window says: "Could't start kdeinit. Check your installation". I click on Okay
button and KDE starts, but again, all text
continue strange... all replaced by "squares".
 Any hint to solve this problem?

Fonts are handled by Qt. Did you upgrade Qt?

Qt-3.2.3 is required.

Qt depends on Xft[2], FontConfig, and FreeType2 to handle the fonts.

Did you build from source or did you use DEB packages?

--
JRT