Re: no menu's in kde 3.2

On Saturday 07 February 2004 10:43 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> KDE-3.2 uses the new FreeDesktop XDG virtual directory menu system.

I know this :).

> If it doesn't work, I would suspect that you are missing one of the
> dependencies.

It seems that way to me too. But what?

> Did you install the the GNOME XML and XSLT packages?

Yes they were installed and for good measure I upgraded them to:-

libxml-1.8.17
libxml-2-2.5.11
libxslt-1.0.33

> Do you have stuff in these directories:
>
> 	/etc/xdg/
> 	$KDEDIR/share/applications
> 	$KDEDIR/share/desktop-directories

Yes.

> and does the Menu Editor show the menu?

Right clicking on the KMenu and selecting the menu editor does nothing.
Running the binary directly shows no menu's.

I have been trying to fix this since November last year :( If you look at my
rpm spec's but installing manually everything works but when I compile to
rpm's and install using rpm the menu's don't show. I have no idea what's
different, something is but I can't find it. The compile and make install
commands are exactly the same in both cases.
--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source