Konqueror Text Completion

I'm using KDE 3.1.94. Previous Konqueror versions used the tab key to enter
the drop down combobox during text completion. This version requires the down
arrow and then the enter key to select a text completion. Is there any way to
configure text completion behavior? I've gotten used to the tab key entering
the drop down. Now the tab key focuses the next component on the web page.

Jim