Re: Configuring Konqueror 3.1.0 for DSL

Jim Bailey wrote:
Is there anything special I need to do to switch from a dial-up ISP to DSL?

Since I made the change, I have a problem connecting to various sites.

As an example, I wanted to order items and pay for them on-line. I selected items and clicked on the shopping cart icon; this took me to the screen showing the items I selected. At the bottom of this screen, I clicked on "checkout." After a bit, I get this message:

An error occured while loading http://www.mcssl.com/app/netcart.asp?Merchantid=24326&offerID=0:

Timeout on server
Connection was to www.mcssl.com at port 443

Here's another(closer to home) example:

Timeout on server
Connection was to mail.kde.org at port 443

No matter which site, it's always a timeout on server at port 443

I have made NO changes in software and had NO trouble when I was using the dial-up ISP.

I would certainly appreciate any help.

I don't know anything about this, but IIUC you need a different type of PPP daemon for DSL through Ethernet:

http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/

--
JRT