Last call for our November webinar 📣

Register today 📆

EDUCATION EVENTS

There's still space to explore with us!

Educator Webinar – Studying the Universe from Earth and Space

Educator Webinar – Studying the Universe from Earth and Space

When: Saturday, Nov. 11, 10 to 11:30 a.m. PST (1 to 2:30 p.m. EST)

Where: Online (link will be provided to registered participants)

Target Audience: All U.S.-based audiences

Overview: In this free educator webinar, the JPL Education team will share how we use ground- and space-based telescopes to collect images of space, and we'll explore resources you can use in the classroom. We'll also be joined by a special guest speaker from the ALMA observatory, which was part of an array of telescopes that captured the historic first image of a black hole. Participation is limited, so register today!

FEATURED RESOURCES

Articles

Teachable Moments: How Scientists Captured the First Image of a Black Hole
Teachable Moments: Exploring the Mystery of Our Expanding Universe
Teachable Moments: Webb Telescope Sees the Universe Like We've Never Seen It Before

Educator Guides

Lesson: The Science of Color

Lesson | Grades 2-8

The Science of Color

Lesson: Make a Planetary Exploration Balloon
Lesson: Using Light to Study Planets

Lesson | Grades 6-11

Using Light to Study Planets

Lesson: Math of the Expanding Universe

Lesson | Grades 9-12

Math of the Expanding Universe

Student Activities

Slideshow: 10 Things We Can Learn from Webb's First Images

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

Article: Spend the School Year With NASA-JPL

Spend the School Year With NASA-JPL

Make educational connections to NASA and JPL happenings all year long with this calendar of upcoming events and links to educational resources.

FOLLOW JPL EDUCATION ON:

FacebookTwitterInstagramYouTube