🌚 Are you ready for the solar eclipse? 🌞

Read our guide to watch on October 14! 📆

SPECIAL EVENT

Here's what you need to know about the upcoming solar eclipse

Teachable Moment: The Science of Solar Eclipses and How to Watch With NASA

On Saturday, Oct. 14, an annular solar eclipse will grace the skies. It's a celestial event you won't want to miss.

Discover how to watch safely and where the solar eclipse will be visible, plus explore ways to engage in eclipse science with NASA. It's all in our latest Teachable Moment at the link below.

RELATED RESOURCES

Student Project

Student Project: How to Make a Pinhole Camera

Student Project | Grades K-12

How to Make a Pinhole Camera

Educator Guides

Lesson: Moon Phases

Lesson | Grades 1-6

Moon Phases

Lesson: Model a Solar Eclipse

Lesson | Grades 1-8

Model a Solar Eclipse

Lesson: Measuring Solar Energy During an Eclipse
Lesson: Modeling the Earth-Moon System

Lesson | Grades 6-8

Modeling the Earth-Moon System

Math Problem: Epic Eclipse

Math Problem | Grades 6-12

Epic Eclipse

Math Problem: Eclipsing Enigma

Math Problem | Grades 7-12

Eclipsing Enigma

Citizen Science

App: NASA GLOBE Observer App

MORE UPCOMING EVENTS

Mission Event: Watch the Psyche Mission Launch

Mission Event

Thursday, Oct. 12, 7:16 am PT

Watch the Psyche Mission Launch

Event: Celebrate Halloween With NASA Online

Public Event

October 2023

Celebrate Halloween With NASA Online

FOLLOW JPL EDUCATION ON: