March Workshops from NASA-JPL 🚀

Register today for upcoming in-person and virtual events!

EDUCATION EVENT

Model the Solar System with Math

Educator Workshop (In Person) – Modeling and Mathematics

Educator Workshop (In Person) – Modeling and Mathematics

When: Saturday, March 4, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. PST

Where: NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California

Target Audience: Educators for grades 5-12

Overview: This in-person workshop at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, will explore several activities for the classroom focusing on how we can communicate big ideas, such as dark matter, the scale of our solar system, and how light moves through the universe. Participants will engage in quick demonstrations and math problems for a range of grades as we explore ready-made lessons you can take back to the classroom.

Participation is limited, so register today!

STUDENT WEBINAR

Student Webinar – Calculate a Launch Window

Tuesday, March 21, 1-1:45 p.m. PDT (4-4:45 p.m. EDT)

Student Webinar – Calculate a Launch Window

FEATURED RESOURCES

Educator Guides

Lesson: Let's Go to Mars! Calculating Launch Windows
Collection: Rockets Lessons for Educators

Lesson | Grades 5-8

Solar System Scroll

Lesson: Collecting Light - Inverse Square Law Demo
Lesson: Solar System Bead Activity

Lesson | Grades 1-6

Solar System Bead Activity

Student Activities

Student Project: Make a Scale Solar System

Student Project | Grades 1-12

Make a Scale Solar System

Videos

Solar System Size and Distance