Launch Into Summer With STEAM 🚀

Explore 100+ activities to keep students engaged ✨

EDUCATION UPDATES | MAY 2022

Our favorite projects for summertime STEAM

Article: Our Favorite Projects for Summertime STEAM

Just because the school year is coming to a close doesn't mean student learning has to go on vacation. In fact, with our collections of nearly 60 guided out-of-school time activities and 50 more student projects that are perfect for summertime, you can find a number of ideas for keeping kids engaged while they learn about STEAM and explore NASA missions and science in the process.

Here are 12 of our favorite summer-worthy activities, plus more ways to engage students in STEAM this summer.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Event page: EMIT Launches to the International Space Station

Mission Event

Thursday, June 9

EMIT Launches to the International Space Station

Event page: Join NASA Online for Artemis I

Public Event

Register by Sunday, July 31

Join NASA Online for Artemis I

WATCH & LEARN

Student Video: Solar System Size and Distance

Student Video

Solar System Size and Distance

NEW & NOTABLE ON JPL EDU

Articles

Teachable Moments: How NASA Plans to Dig Up the Dirt on Climate Change

Teachable Moments

How NASA Plans to Dig Up the Dirt on Climate Change

Article: Math Connections Take Students Far

Teacher Feature

Math Connections Take Students Far

Article: Interns Lead the Way in DARPA Robotics Challenge and Find Their Futures

Meet JPL Interns

Interns Lead the Way in DARPA Robotics Challenge and Find Their Futures

Teachable Moments: Telescopes Get Extraordinary View of Milky Way's Black Hole

Teachable Moments

Telescopes Get Extraordinary View of Milky Way's Black Hole

Educator Guides

Lesson: Modeling Crustal Folds

Lesson | Grades 6-12

Modeling Crustal Folds

Lesson Collection: Out-of-School Time STEAM

Lesson Collection

Out-of-School Time STEAM

Lesson Collection: Climate Change

Lesson Collection

Lessons in Climate Change

Unit: Mission to Mars Student Challenge

Unit

Mission to Mars Student Challenge

Student Activities

Student Activity Collection: Summer STEAM

Activity Collection

Summer STEAM

Student Activity Collection: Exploring Climate Change

Activity Collection

Exploring Climate Change

ACROSS THE NASA-VERSE

Game: CubeSat Builder

NASA Climate Kids

Game: CubeSat Builder

Satellite Educators Association Conference

FOLLOW JPL EDUCATION ON:

FacebookTwitterInstagramYouTube