Our Solar System and the Periodic Table of Elements

Date: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Target audience: Review of 5th grade standards, all formal and informal educators K-12 are welcome

Location: NASA/JPL Educator Resource Center, Pomona, Calif.

Overview: This California standard-based workshop will teach you basic principles of what the table represents by using the solar system as an exciting basis for understanding.  Learn the difference between an atom and a molecule, "tour" the solar system and identify predominant elements that compose each planet.  This lesson can be used as a way for students to review for the fifth grade state science test and is easily understood by most third graders.

The workshop will be held at the JPL Educator Resource Center in Pomona, Calif. To sign up, please call the Resource Center at 909-397-4420.

For more information and directions, visit: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/education/index.cfm?page=115

-end-