Re: [Announcement] io_uring Discord chat

Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Is it public - and if not, can it be? Ideally I'd love to have something
> that's just open public (and realtime) discussion, ideally searchable
> from your favorite search engine. As the latter seems
> difficult/impossible, we should at least have it be directly joinable
> without an invite link. Or maybe this is not how discord works at all,
> and you need the invite link? If so, as long as anyone can join, then
> that's totally fine too I guess.

It is as public as it can be right now with existing discord rules.  It
can not be made discoverable without a link yet, since it needs to be at
least 8 weeks old for that, from what I see.  I'm looking into that.

The invitation link doesn't expire and doesn't require any approvals. We can
safely place it in liburing documentation.  I mentioned it is revokable,
but that is a safeguard against spammers and needs to be done explicitly.

Let me know if you join. I'll add you as an admin.

--
Gabriel Krisman Bertazi