Re: [RFC 1/6] net: extend ubuf_info callback to ops structure

On 4/14/24 18:07, Willem de Bruijn wrote:
Pavel Begunkov wrote:
We'll need to associate additional callbacks with ubuf_info, introduce
a structure holding ubuf_info callbacks. Apart from a more smarter
io_uring notification management introduced in next patches, it can be
used to generalise msg_zerocopy_put_abort() and also store
->sg_from_iter, which is currently passed in struct msghdr.

This adds an extra indirection for all other ubuf implementations.
Can that be avoided?

It could be fitted directly into ubuf_info, but that doesn't feel
right. It should be hot, so does it even matter? On the bright side,
with the patch I'll also ->sg_from_iter from msghdr into it, so it
doesn't have to be in the generic path.

I think it's the right approach, but if you have a strong opinion
I can fit it as a new field in ubuf_info.

--
Pavel Begunkov