Re: [LSF/MM/BPF ATTEND][LSF/MM/BPF Topic] Non-block IO

On 2/10/23 13:00, Kanchan Joshi wrote:
1. Command cancellation: while NVMe mandatorily supports the abort
command, we do not have a way to trigger that from user-space. There
are ways to go about it (with or without the uring-cancel interface) but
not without certain tradeoffs. It will be good to discuss the choices in
person.

As one of the principle authors of TP4097a and the author of the one NVMe controller implementation that supports the NVMe Cancel command I would like to attend LSF/MM this year and talk about this.

See my SDC presentation where I describe all of the problems with the NVMe Abort command and demonstrates a Linux host sending NVMe Abort and Cancel command to an IO controller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRrAD1U0IRw

/John