Re: Poll ring behavior broken by f0c5c54945ae92a00cdbb43bdf3abaeab6bd3a23

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:42 PM Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 8/20/20 8:24 PM, Glauber Costa wrote:

> >> Yeah let's just revert it for now. Any chance you can turn this into
> >> a test case for liburing? Would help us not break this in the future.
> >
> > would be my pleasure.
> >
> > Biggest issue is that poll mode really only works with ext4 and xfs as
> > far as I know. That may mean it won't get as much coverage, but maybe
> > that's not relevant.
>
> And raw nvme too, of course. But I'd say coverage is pretty decent with
> those two, in reality that's most likely what people would use for
> polling anyway. So not too concerned about that, and it'll hit multiple
> items in my test suite.
>
> I reverted the change manually, it didn't revert cleanly. Please test
> current -git, thanks!

Just tested (through a new unit test) and it works, thanks.

I wrote a unit test that works on HEAD but not on HEAD^.

However you will have to excuse my lack of manners, but in my new work account I
can't have app passwords for GSuite so I am unable to git-send-email
it without talking
to a host of corporate IT people... I'll have to send a ... urgh... PR