Poll ring behavior broken by f0c5c54945ae92a00cdbb43bdf3abaeab6bd3a23

I have just noticed that the commit in $subject broke the behavior I
introduced in
bf3aeb3dbbd7f41369ebcceb887cc081ffff7b75

In this commit, I have explained why and when it does make sense to
enter the ring if there are no sqes to submit.

I guess one could argue that in that case one could call the system
call directly, but it is nice that the application didn't have to
worry about that, had to take no conditionals, and could just rely on
io_uring_submit as an entry point.

Since the author is the first to say in the patch that the patch may
not be needed, my opinion is that not only it is not needed but in
fact broke applications that relied on previous behavior on the poll
ring.

Can we please revert?