Re: [ISSUE] The time cost of IOSQE_IO_LINK

On 2/14/20 5:16 PM, Carter Li 李通洲 wrote:
> Hello Jens,
>

>> It's now up to 3.5x the original performance for the single client case.
>> Here's the updated patch, folded with the original that only went half
>> the way there.
>

> I’m looking forward to it.
>
> And question again: since POLL->READ/RECV is much faster then READ/RECV async,
> could we implement READ/RECV that would block as POLL->READ/RECV? Not only for
> networking, but also for all pollable fds.

That's exactly the next step. With this, we have a very efficient way of
doing async IO for anything that can be driven by poll. Then we can do it
by default, instead of doing an async punt. Much faster and much more
efficient.

I'll try and work on that next week, I think this could be a real game
changer.

--
Jens Axboe