Re: [RFC 00/22] Add support for GuC-based SLPC

On 26/01/16 19:00, Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 07:45:42AM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
On 01/22/2016 09:00 AM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 06:26:02PM -0800, tom.orourke@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
From: Tom O'Rourke <Tom.O'Rourke@xxxxxxxxx>

I'd say we need to keep the boost-deboost stuff alive, e.g. by manually
telling guc that the we want different limits, then resetting those limits
again after the boost is done. Same for fast idling - kernel simply has a
better idea if anyone is about to submit more work (we have execbuf hints
for specific workloads like libva).

Since there is soon to be a GPU scheduler, the GuC could get this information already, right? Unless you are talking about having mesa signal when it starts creating a new batchbuffer and you would like the GPU to prepare to ramp-up.