Re: New driver causes enlightenment to resize display to 8x8?

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 03:37:30PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > I've used e18 for over a year and I never had this problem until the exact
> > moment I upgraded the intel driver.
> > Out of curiosity, even if the bug was with enlightenment, how do I resize
> > my screen once it's been mistakenly resized to 8x8. Is it a bug that xrandr
> > was unable to resize it for me?
>
> xrandr -s is the old XRandR procotol, it should still work but it's not
> clear if that is going to be a bug in xrandr misconfiguring CRTC or in
> X server/ddx. If you can file a bug and include your Xorg.0.log along

It works just fine now:
legolas:~$ xrandr -s 2048x1536
legolas:~$ xrandr -s 2880x1620

It just wasn't able to get me out of that 8x8 mode that I got in due to a
bug somewhere (not sure if it's enlightenment or Xorg).

> with "xtrace xrandr -s anything" and if you can manage to get an
> xf86-video-intel --enable-debug=full log for the above, then I can tell
> you where the bug lies.
>
> At any rate "xrandr --output eDP1 --preferred" is what you want.

I will try this next time if it happens again.

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/