Re: intel-drm-nightly 3.13rc3 broke i830 - more debug

Hi Daniel,

Quick shot in the dark: Can you please try the below diff?

If that doesn't work please remove the locking in that function completely
(i.e. remove the calls to drm_modset_lock|unlock_all).
If that doesn't help please compile a pristine -nightly with lockdep
(CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING) rehang the machine and grab the complete dmesg.
Please make sure that you don't line-wrap it for easier reading. Lockdep
should be able to tell us who's blocking on what exactly here ...

Ok, tried that. Moving the lock did not improve anything. Removing it, well, "sort-of" improved the situation in so far as the system no longer hangs. However, I still don't get a working display. All I get is a dark screen, and only the cursor on top.

So long,
    Thomas