Re: A huge warning in dmesg pointing to drivers/gpu/drm/i915/display/intel_tc.c

[dropped a bunch of mailing lists and maintainers, added Imre]

On Thu, 15 Aug 2024, "Renan W. P." <renanwilliamprado@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [2.] Full description of the problem/report:
>
> I can't identify any factual problems beyond a warning in dmesg triggered at every boot, i.e., I have seen no features affected. The dmesg output is located in the log files in the attachment.
> I am facing this warning in LENOVO 82MG/LNVNB161216, BIOS H4CN35WW(V2.04) 04/12/2024 (Lenovo Ganing 3i). I have tried two new kernel versions fromwww.kernel.org  site, the Kernel 6.10.5 and 6.1.105.
> Additionally, I have used Debian at least since kernel version 6.1.22. All kernels present warnings in the same file with slightly different outputs in dmesg. I am compiling the kernel with the config-6.1.105 file in the attachment.

Unless Imre has some obvious ideas what the problem is, please file the
bug report at freedesktop.org gitlab as described in [1]. While the
detail in your report here is great, I'm afraid it's just going to be
completely forgotten on the mailing list.

Thanks,
Jani.

[1] https://drm.pages.freedesktop.org/intel-docs/how-to-file-i915-bugs.html

--