Re: [PULL] drm-intel-gt-next

On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 at 20:06, Tvrtko Ursulin
<tvrtko.ursulin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Dave, Daniel,
>
> First pull request for 6.9 with probably one more coming in one to two
> weeks.
>
> Nothing to interesting in this one, mostly a sprinkle of small fixes in
> GuC, HuC, Perf/OA, a tiny bit of prep work for future platforms and some
> code cleanups.
>
> One new uapi in the form of a GuC submission version query which Mesa
> wants for implementing Vulkan async compute queues.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tvrtko
>
> drm-intel-gt-next-2024-02-15:
> UAPI Changes:
>
> - Add GuC submission interface version query (Tvrtko Ursulin)
>
> Driver Changes:
>
> Fixes/improvements/new stuff:
>
> - Atomically invalidate userptr on mmu-notifier (Jonathan Cavitt)

I've pulled this, but the above patch is triggering my this seems
wrong spider sense.

This and probably the preceeding patch that this references seem to
move i915 to a long term pinning of userptr in memory with what I can
see no accounting, and away from what the desired behaviour for
drivers should be.

It also feels like the authorship on this might be lies which also worries me.

Dave.