Re: [RFC] drm: enable W=1 warnings by default across the subsystem

Maxime Ripard <mripard@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2023 at 11:46:00AM +0200, Jani Nikula wrote:

[...]

>> Then we'll have a ping pong of people not using W=1 or
>> CONFIG_DRM_EXTRA_CHECKS introducing warnings, and people using them
>> fixing the warnings...
>>
>> I really do think making it unconditional is the only way.
>
> Yeah, I agree.
>
> Plus, if we need to have an extra Kconfig option, it's pretty equivalent
> to using W=1

Yeah, with the difference that having a Kconfig symbol allows for example
distros to set it in their kernel configs.

It's a fair point though that probably the only option is to enable it
unconditionally.

Acked-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javierm@xxxxxxxxxx>

--
Best regards,