Re: [Intel-gfx 1/1] drm/i915/guc: Don't update engine busyness stats too frequently

On 17/06/2022 22:43, Teres Alexis, Alan Previn wrote:

Not updating the driver state in park will not negatively impact
accuracy in some scenarios? That needs to balanced against the
questions whether or not there are real world scenarios impacted by
the update cost or it is just for IGT.

If i understand it correctly (how its calculated), no. not capturing on every park/unpark
does not mean less accuracy. Umesh mentioned to verify that with igt@perf-pmu@accuracy
tests

Okay you moved it from guc_update_engine_gt_clks to intel_guc_busyness_park to work around the loss of accuracy. I almost missed it since patch itself has not changelog. Works for me if Umesh approves it is correct.

Regards,

Tvrtko